Thursday, November 6, 2008

Please Notice Me


This is one of the most ridiculous things I've read in a while: Agencies slam branding of $700 billion bailout plan. Seriously? Better 'branding' would have made this plan more appealing to Americans who are watching their retirement accounts and home equity evaporate? Maybe a logo and tagline slapped on it would have made all of those Bear Stearns employees feel a little less stung as they carried their belongings out of their offices for the last time. Honestly, I think that Wall Street and Main Street are only separated by the absence of a clever positioning statement.

And who better than a bunch of advertising agency people to take care of it? Hopefully, the new president, who seems to be very bright and capable, will take some of these wizards and put them in some cabinet posts so they can bring their un-self-importance and wide vision to the issues. I brand them patriots. I brand myself a sarcastic ass.

No comments: