Friday, March 5, 2010

Blog or Diary

My last post is almost a year old and I don't know if I can honestly tell anyone I blog. Or if I ever blogged. I had an older post where I did a little whining about no one reading my stuff and that, really, since it wasn't read by anyone but me, or more correctly, written by anyone but me, then it is a diary not a blog. And I used that as an excuse to stop writing anything else. I also used that as a reason to use poor grammar and not follow rules like not starting sentences with conjunctions or prepositions.

However, in thinking this through further, I realize that I actually do create and distribute a lot of content, share a lot of opinions and, I'm pretty sure, add some intellectual value to my clients, colleagues and friends. So what I'm going to set out to do as my end of the first quarter resolution is try and centralize all my activities through my blog and see if, finally, I can have more than a diary.

I won't kid you (or kid myself since, at this point, this is still a diary) that the pressure is on. That said, my goal is to have a hundred followers by the end of the year. I don't know if that's realistic or not but I first typed in a "few" hundred and then dropped it down.

So begins my journey...

No comments: